Jump to navigation Jump to search
Description[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
If not applicable, remove the Mythology and Theories sections.
Mythology[edit | edit source]
Theories[edit | edit source]
Bus Stop as a Microcosm / Parallel of the Hotel[edit | edit source]
- Poorly maintained building whose purpose is to help travelers.
- Building was "built to last" in a style from the early 20th Century.
- Hotel follows more of an Art Deco Style (Pre WWI) vs the Bus Stop follows a more Brutalist style (Post WWII).
- Constructed with Obsidian and Marble.
- "Labyrinthine Patterns".
- Walls are lined with screaming statues; parallels the hidden trauma of the hotel.
- Presence of paintings, especially Picasso's Guernica (Picasso was a guest at the hotel, and the painting itself aligns with the beginning of WWII).
- Lobby seems to extend forever onwards, with closed down stores (Parallels the hallways of the hotel with the run-down hotel rooms).
- The cafe serves as a comforting place within a largely cold/abandoned building.
- Clément serves as the assumed current proprietor of the Cafe and the former master of the Hotel.
- Both Clément and Asterion are found not in peak physical or mental health, both shaking, and both have trouble drinking beverages at first.
- Both Clément and Asterion take a bit to notice The Master's presence.
- Both Clément and Asterion pour The Master a drink that renews them early on meeting them (coffee vs alcohol).
- Both Clément and Asterion were treated poorly by their fathers and were "made beasts" by them.
- Both Clément and Asterion have a hard time adjusting to new technology