|Height||5'7 / 1.7m|
|Place of Origin||Mongolia|
Khenbish is a character introduced in Build 0.5 of Minotaur Hotel (Visual Novel). He can join the hotel as its cook.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Khenbish is a boar bearing brown fur and a muscular, yet chubby build. Remarkably, he has a fur-less chest and belly in contrast to his heavily furred limbs.
Background[edit | edit source]
Khenbish is an anthropomorphic boar that lives a nomadic lifestyle in rural Mongolia. His economic prospects and social life are negatively impacted by a poor quality charm that tends to malfunction and makes people forget him, and a streak of bad luck. With Jean's instructions, Khenbish will find his way to the hotel and join the staff.
Unlock conditions[edit | edit source]
Khenbish can join the staff if Jean is instructed to find a cook for the hotel in chapter 15. Alternatively, if the main character has the Arts background, he can get Khenbish to join by choosing the carpet to decorate reception in chapter 16.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Khenbish's stats when first recruited are as follows:
While Khenbish has decent stats for exploration, he has a high danger stat due to his curse of bad luck. He yields good results when paired with teammates that offset his danger. Alternatively, he can use his cooking ability to buff his teammates instead, at the cost of using up the Master's free time for the day.
Route[edit | edit source]
Khenbish's route is, as of 0.6.1, complete, and consists of 6 chapters which can be accessed through the daily agenda after he's unlocked.
He gains 1 Surveying point and loses 1 Danger point from completing the route, making him more suitable for exploration. His cooking also improves, giving guests an additional 2 points to a random stat whenever he cooks for them.
Cooking[edit | edit source]
If Khenbish is recruited, the cooking side activity will be added to the daily agenda. Khenbish can cook for another staff member, which will temporarily improve their performance on R&D or Exploration for one session. Khenbish starts out with three recipes, but more are added over the course of the game in optional events where Khenbish can cook a local dish for a staff member.
Mythology[edit | edit source]
Due to Khenbish's mixed heritage (Greek from his father, Chinese from his mother), he is a descendant of both the Calydonian boar and Zhu Bajie, the former hunted down by Greek heroes, and the latter sentenced to a thousand tragic lifetimes.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Khenbish's textbox scroll is based on the Tumen Nast pattern. It's frequently found decorating Mongolian palaces, monasteries and tents. It means "eternal age" and represents the unending eternal happiness of the people. It's maroon to match the reddish tone of his fur and deel.
- Nanoff, artist for the Visual Novel, only agreed to join the project if a boar character was added.
- The genuineness of this ultimatum has (intentionally) been made unclear by the developers.
- Khenbish's full name follows the modern Mongolian naming scheme of a patronym followed by given name.
- Khenbish means "nobody" in Mongolian, following a naming tradition of giving unpleasant names to children of couples whose previous children have died.