|Aliases||Blue Boy, Bluey (Luke)|
|Height||6'2 / 1.87m|
|Place of Origin||Japanese Archipelago|
|Species||Eastern Dragon / Mizuchi|
Kota is a blue-scaled Japanese Dragon and one of the guests that appear in Minotaur Hotel (Quest) and Minotaur Hotel (Visual Novel). He wondered the world searching a red dragon for centuries before reaching the Hotel, where he stays during the events of the game. He is one of the guests that can operate the dinner lounge after it is restored.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
- In the Quest version of Minotaur Hotel, Kota's body resembles traditional depictions of eastern dragons; a lanky body like a snake's.
- For the Visual Novel adaptation, Kota bears a chubby, slightly muscular physique.
- Wears a yukata and fundoshi and sandals for his normal wear
- If chosen as bar manager, he dons a white dress shirt, black vest, and a red apron and bow tie.
- Wears a jinbei and fundoshi for casual scenes.
- Kota's appearance underwent a complete overhaul in the 0.6.0 update.
Background[edit | edit source]
Born February 2nd, 1615 / Genna 1, 5th day of the 1st month
First met a red dragon in a warm water spring. Enjoyed spending nights under the stars with Onsen, his lover.
Had a red-scaled brother named Onsen that tended towards the martial arts, while Kota tended towards priesthood and scholarship. The shrine priests described them as two halves of a whole.
Circumstances made them go their separate ways.
Had left Japan for some reason, then about a century later began searching for Onsen. Had spend centuries in the New World.
20-30 years before he arrived at the hotel, Kota spent a few months as a bartender, which he enjoyed.
Appreciates poetry, quotes one of poet-saint/lay Zen monk Matsuo Bashō's haiku (1664-1694):
I like to wash
the dust of this world
in the droplets of dew
With dewdrops dripping
I wish somehow I could wash
this perishing world
Won’t you come and see
loneliness? Just one leaf
from the kiri tree?
Quotes another in Ch 10 if he is the 2nd guest:
Nine times arising
to see the moon, whose solemn pace
marks only midnight yet
Status[edit | edit source]
Kota's stats at the beginning of the game are as follows
Kota's high Memento and low Danger make him a good candidate for exploring the Valley safely during the early game.
Route[edit | edit source]
Kota's route is, as of 0.6.0, complete, and consists of 6 chapters. The first five can be accessed from the Daily Agenda menu starting on chapter 14. Upon completing the fifth chapter, Kota will take one day off to recover and become unavailable for team management and other activities. The following day, his sixth chapter will play automatically across the day, taking up the main characters' daily agenda slot. However, said chapter won't play until the last day of chapter 17.
He gains 2 Memento points from completing the route.
Mythology[edit | edit source]
Kota is a mizuchi, a Japanese dragon or serpent connected to bodies of water, in his case a river. Mizuchis are often considered deities, which Kota is.
Kota's ability to reside within a pair of sake cups is reminiscent of Tsukumogamis, mundane objects that upon reaching 100 years since their creation, become alive or hold a spirit within them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Kota's textbox pattern is a blue meandering pattern reminiscent of a river, matching the color of his scales.
- When attempting to translate his original design to the Visual Novel adaptation, artist Nanoff found himself dissatisfied with the results, and so his body shape was changed.
- Kota is one of the characters that were not in the original plan for the story. The dragon was suggested by readers of the Quest, MinoAnon implemented them in.
|Kota's early sprite sketch based off his
appearance in the original Quest.
|Kota's appearance previous to 0.6.0||Concept art of Kota's redesigned appearance by Eddio.|